Thursday, October 25, 2007

!#$!@#$!#@$

Ever want to just jump in the fray and start swinging? You know better (least I do, if everyone did, there would be no point to this post), and I was pretty much asked to keep quiet so the drama would die down. Guess that's one more good thing about a blog, huh, that most likely very few will read - mine anyway! I will quietly vent my vent and hopefully feel better.

I'm well aware that there are some real nasty people out there in the world. Unpleasant, negative - but they're also the crafty ones who know how to turn on the charm, so you might not realize their true colors until you've known them for a little while. You don't see that ugliness because they know how to hide it. Put one of those individuals on internet forums, give them the anonymous non-face-to-face confrontation found on the internet" and their true BITCH colors come shining through. One might call that writing passionately, emotionally and one's writing style. I call it "you are an egotistical, drama queen bitch." And I have learned one more place, blog, forum not to visit on the net - I would hate to pick up that negative karma.

Ok, now I feel better. The good thing about all that is I had a reason to post on my blog! And I figured out (I think) how to just send my flickr pics right here - how cool! Another thank you to Ravelry for adding to my net savy.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Hi! I came across you on Ravelry. We have two patterns in common, including the Halloween Mystery Shawl. I'm much slower than you, as I'm still on clue two, but I witnessed a lot of the drama around that KAL...and I just have to ask if this blog comment was about that group? If so, know that there were quite a few of us out there who agree completely with you (I think I addressed it briefly on my blog, too).

Every other forum I've spent any time on in Ravelry has been full of good people; that one has been the exception. I'm all for a good kvetch, but if I'm going to put it in writing I'm going to be careful about what I say and how I say, passionate or not. Just because a pattern is challenging doesn't mean the designer is incompetent.

BTW, lots of nice lace - I enjoy the photos.